Skip to main content

Loneliness and Friendship -


Before you begin reading, I want you to close your eyes 🙈 and ask yourself-  "are you lonely?" "what do you need in your life?""Do you want a friend, a real friend, who is missing from your life?'


Friendship itself says I'm their for you, isn't it?
I'm sure a tiny smile would have come on your face by reading the word "friendship". Everyone  of us have gone through different experiences of friendship. But still some of us are missing friends and this friendship. Somewhere deep inside ourselves we feel lonely.

The vast majority of us are lonely and don't acknowledge it, we may not even recognize it in our lives. We often think I can't be lonely, I know more people with whom I can keep in touch with and yet we largely feel unknown.
In couple of days I make new friends, I have many online and real life friends. Sometime I feel like I need to stop talking to every individual I know, became I don't want bunches of friends, instead I want 1-2 friend to whom I could share anything, the one who hugs me when I am down, the one who never let me feel lonely, the one who understand my emotion without uttering a word, the one I could trust on, the one who's hand make me feel safe, their presence feel like, 'yes, someone is their for me', etc .... Have this thoughts ever crossed your mind while you were lonely?

We know so many people but still we have nobody to confide. When we are lonely, we don't need to add more people to the triangle, we actually need to move some people up in friendship. We all wish to have a friend to calm down us, when we are low. A friend who is more happier from our success than us. The one who fight for us and sometime fight with us, when we are doing something wrong or unfair. There might be many more things which you expect from your friend, isn't it? So here my question is, what all things are you willing to give back to your friend? or what kind of friend are you going to be?

I would say, if I'm someone's friend; I will always be the first person to hear their joy and sadness. I will never judge them, and let them be, 'who they are', or 'who they want to be'.I would make them feel comfortable. I would never let them feel lonely, I will always support them in their rights and scold them in their wrongs. I will take stand for them when they can't say a word. Every individual want to be loved, so I will always love them. I will be a friend for a life till either of us die. There won't be any expectation, there will be only one thing, a feeling of "yes, there is someone who cares about me" "someone who is affected by my presence or absence". In today's world where people are searching for their soulmate, I just want a true friend.

We have to start being lovingly honest with ourselves first, so other can be honest with us. Let their be no lies in between and be a complete transparency. You know, loneliness can damage your body in many ways , loneliness is equivalent to smoke 15 cigarettes a day and equivalent to being an alcoholic. It is more harmful than not doing exercise and twice as harmful as obesity, it can cause many heart diseases.

Try to understand people around you and make a true friend. Being alone is a choice but loneliness is not a choice.

Thank you 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how mindset and expectations are related

Lets talk about mindset and expectation.  Have you ever heard the word mindset? What do you mean by mindset? What is your mind set? Mindset is a mental attitude or inclination. Mindset can also be seen as incident of person's world view or philosophy of life. For me mindset is the way you see the world through your experiences all lessons given by life in different situations. Everyone will have different definitions of mindset according to their mindsets. Do you believe every individual have different mindset? I do believe every individual have different mindset, because every other person things in a different way, they have different experiences, have different opinions, their behaviors are different, they have different values and beliefs,  etc. In short every individual have different personality, then how can their mindset be same? Have you ever noticed whenever you do something for someone you start expecting from that person to do the same to you whatever...

Why is it difficult for a man to express his feelings/emotions?

From a very young age guys are taught to be  strong. They are taught that they can't be weak. If a 6-7 year old guy says "I'm scared of this darkness". What do we say? "Hey, you're a man, how can you be scared of this darkness? You are a tough guy, so you can fight this darkness."  We give them responsibility at a very young age,  responsibility of taking care of their family, responsibility of being strong and powerful. If a guy age 5-6 or maybe younger has a younger sister age 2-3 year old. We tell them "my dear you have to take care of your sister". Though deep down, we all know that he is way too young, but still we keep on feeding such things inside those little growing brains. This is the responsibility I was talking about, the responsibility which we are giving them, without realising the impact of it on them. Have you ever seen your father, your uncle, your male friend crying? Or any male in general crying? I would say ra...